Sports addicts and sports apprentices consume several dozens of cereal bars each year. Although they are very useful to regenerate the body and provide energy quickly, these cereal bars have a big flaw: their packaging! Often individually wrapped, they are usually sold in a cardboard box, which multiplies the elements that will end up in the trash. The solution is simple (and economical): make your own cereal bars!
Ready to take up the Zero Waste challenge?
Recipe for cereal bars with chocolate for sport and food addicts
For chocolate lovers, here is a recipe for about ten bars.
Ingredients: 150g of oatmeal, 50ml of coconut oil (organic if possible), 75g of agave syrup, 50g of chocolate chips.
- Preheats the oven at 180°C (356°F)
- Pour the coconut oil and agave syrup into a saucepan until the mixture is smooth. Add the oatmeal and mix well.
- Add the chocolate chips and place your mixture in a rectangular dish about 1 cm thick.
- Place the dish in the oven for 20 minutes and cut it into 10 bars while it is still hot. As it cools, the bars will solidify.
- It's ready to be enjoyed and taken with you on your long outings in reusable packaging:)
Recipe for cereal bars without chocolate for sport and food addicts
For people who don't like chocolate (I was told they actually exist!), I have prepared a recipe that should delight you.
Ingredients for about ten bars: 150g of oatmeal, 75g of agave syrup, 150g of applesauce (homemade if possible), 30g of almonds and crushed hazelnuts.
- Preheats the oven to 180°C (356°F)
- Fry the almonds and hazelnuts in a frying pan until golden brown.
- Pour the coconut oil and agave syrup into a saucepan until the mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat, add the oatmeal and almond/hazelnut mixture and mix well.
- Place the mixture in a rectangular dish in a homogeneous way
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes. Cut your 10 bars as soon as you leave the oven
Homemade Granola recipe
Finally, a little bonus Granola recipe from the Com' Team:
- Melt peanut butter with agave syrup
- Mix it all with oatmeal to obtain a slightly dry paste consistency
- Spread it all out on a plate
- Cook at 180°C (356°F) for 20 min, stirring regularly to homogenize the cooking.
- Add the dried fruits you prefer
And eat it all at breakfast or even at lunchtime.
If you have a cereal bar recipe to share with me, feel free to leave a comment, share your wonders with #SquadRunner or write to me at email@example.com and I will share it with the community!